Friday, August 14, 2009

Lesson 7: Lightbulbs and Bottles

一個 燈膽
yāt gŏ dāng dáam
A lightbulb

一 條 光管
yāt tiùh gwōng gún
A strip light


gwōng
Light


gún
Tube

擺脫 光管.
báai tyŭt gwōng gún.
Get rid of the strip light.

一 支 ...
yāt jī
A bottle of....

兩 支 水
léuhng jī séui
Two bottles of water

乜 嘢 啤 酒 ?
Māt yéh (m'yē) bē jáu?
What kind of beer?

藍 妹
làahm muí
Blue Girl

我 唔 要 藍 妹.
Ngóh m̀h yiu làahm muí.
I don't want Blue Girl.

你 要 唔 要 嘉 士 伯?
Neih yiu m̀h yiu Gāa Sih Baak?
Do you want Carlsberg?

我 唔 要.
Ngóh m̀h yiu.
I don't want

要呀.
yiu a.
I want

我 要呀.
Ngóh yiu a.
I want (This is what you say when you are getting something and are trying to convince someone else to get it, too. It's like saying "You take it, too".)

你 要 幾 多 青島 支 呀?
Neih yiu géi dó jī chīng dóu a?
How many/much Tsing Tao?

我 要 三 支 青島
Ngóh yiu sāam jī chīng dóu.
I'd like three bottles of Tsingtao.

你 有冇 錢 呀?
Neih yauh móuh chìn a?
Do you have money?

小姐
siú jé
Miss (ie young woman)

救命!
gău mehng!
Help! (What you say when you are in fatal danger)

我 唔 舒服.
Ngóh m̀h syū fuhk.
I feel sick (uncomfortable).

好 舒服 呀!
hóu syū fuhk a!
Feels good!

***updated and checked 20091110 ***

No comments:

Post a Comment